Region V Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Many of Region V Services job openings are for Community Support Professionals. RVS desires dependable, creative and energetic employees to work with individuals who experience developmental disabilities. These positions require individuals to perform some, if not all, of the following tasks:
- Participation in community activities
- Meal preparation
- Teaching with appropriate data collection
- Maintaining financial records
- Administering and documenting medications
- Transportation, including the use of van lifts
Although applicants may apply for and be hired for a specific position, a supervisor may adjust work hours and locations based on the needs of the agency and the individuals RVS supports.
Some positions are gender specific based on personal care needs and/or the desire of the person supported.
Each RVS agency hires employees to work in their locations. Within each agency, there may be more than one supervisor with a job opportunity for you. If you are applying for multiple positions you must notify the hiring supervisor.
Employees working for Region V Services must:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Meet minimum lifting requirements
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a driver's license valid in the state of Nebraska and reliable means of transportation
- Possess good communication skills
To ensure that Region V Services employ the best possible candidates, we will:
- Check your references.
- Submit a national criminal background check.
- Request background checks by Adult Protective Services (APS) and Child Protective Services (CPS) to ensure there is no involvement with abuse or neglect.
- Verify employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
- Check your driving record.
- Submit to Nebraska SOR (Sex Offender Registry)
Applicants must meet State Regulations. Region V Services will not allow those applicants found to be convicted of the following crimes to provide direct care to individuals supported:
- Child pornography
- Abuse of a child or vulnerable adult
- Felony domestic assault
- Misdemeanor domestic assault within the last five (5) years
- Shoplifting after age 19 and within the last three (3) years
- Felony fraud within the last ten (10) years
- Misdemeanor fraud within the last five (5) years
- Possession of any controlled substance within the last five (5) years
- Possession of any controlled substance with intent to deliver within the last ten (10) years
- Felony assault without a weapon in the last ten (10) years
- Felony or misdemeanor assault with a weapon in the last fifteen (15) years
- Prostitution or solicitation of prostitution within the last five (5) years
- Felony or misdemeanor robbery or burglary within the last ten (10) years
- Rape or sexual assault
Job Titles (click to view description):
Please click on the appropriate link below to see our current available job positions:
EFH (Extended Family Home)