TOP TEN (okay 13) REASONS TO WORK FOR REGION V SERVICES
What our employees say. . .
13. Flexible hours - Region V Services recognizes the needs of employees and their families and allows staff to alter their schedule when it does not affect our ability to deliver a quality service.
12. Small agency size - This allows the Area Director to know everyone within their area program. It also allows employees to know each other within an area program, creating a smaller community environment within which to work.
11. Every day is different - The challenges and rewards of the work keeps it from being boring. We encourage each other to think and problem solve on our own.
10. Benefits are excellent - Health insurance, pension plans, and leave days are among the best available within our communities.
9. Salaries - Direct support salaries are among the best in the state. Region V Services gives more of every dollar we receive to the direct support employees.
8. Excellent training - Staff that have worked for other agencies comment that the training for Region V Services positions is superior to what they have received elsewhere.
7. Opportunities for personal and professional growth - We encourage further education by providing flexible schedules, tuition reimbursement, and a library of resource books and materials. We also send many people to conferences and certificate programs.
6. Career opportunities - Growth as well as our policy to promote from within make more opportunities available to employees.
5. Fun place to work - If a person likes working with people with disabilities and dedicated coworkers, there is an opportunity to have fun at work.
4. Caring people - One of the reasons that people stay on as substitutes or return to Region V Services as employees is because staff care about each other. We have had a number of staff who have donated vacation leave to coworkers experiencing long-term illness.
3. Ideas are used - An administrative secretary in one of our programs had an idea for a new benefit - (voluntary life insurance through payroll deduction) - within three months it was available throughout Region V Services. The employee assistance program is another example of a staff person's idea/suggestion being implemented.
2. Commitment to quality - Region V Services is not going through the motions but is aggressively working to improve services. Just good enough is not good enough. We are truly dedicated to the people we support.
And the number one reason our staff say Region V Services is a good place to work. . .
1. Rewarding work - This is important work. We are improving lives and we truly value the people we support and their families.